Better targeting brings us closer to the holy grail of advertising. "Marketers get to put more of their budgets towards their best prospects. Searchers only see the most relevant ads. Publishers get a higher yield on their search and impression inventory.
They get more opportunities to reach consumers beyond search results pages and reach consumers at multiple stages of the purchasing cycle. Finally, clicks originating from behaviorally targeted ads using recently conducted searches convert 5 to 10 times better than clicks from non-targeted ads.
- Behavioral Targeting uses information collected on an individual's web-browsing behavior, such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made, to select which advertisements to display to that individual. Marketers believe this help them deliver their online advertisements to the users who are most likely to be influenced by them. Behavioral Targeting allows site owners or ad networks to display content more relevant to the interests of the individual viewing the page.
- The most common type of Behavioral Targeting is Based on website / web page visited. In this case behavioral segments are developed by aggregating users who have gone to specific web sites that have very targeted content.
- Contextual Targeting is a form of targeting that the ad servers use to target a user for showing ad units based on the context of the page they are viewing. This means that if the user is viewing a page with sports content on it, the ad that will be displayed on that page will be sports related.
- Advertiser can make sure that the Ads are displaying only in the right web pages and also to the intended audience. The banner will only display on the webpage, if the META Keyword of the web pages matches with the keyword set for the banners assigned by the advertiser to that banner.
For example, If the Advertiser creates the banner and assigns the keyword "sports" then the banner will be displayed only in the web pages whose meta keyword list contain keyword "sports".
- Re-targeting: It is an advanced form of ad targeting where the behaviour of internet users is recorded by an ad server. Using this information, the ad server can then select the most relevant ad for the visitor and also records the customers frequent time visits.
- mAudi Telco Targeting is an advanced Module and highly useful for the Advertisers for who wants to target their ads on mobile based on Telecom Operator wise. To achieve higher engagement rates the advertisers use the Telecom verticals and go with more sophisticated audience targeting methods like Carrier or Telco targeting.